Medical Website Optimization Tips
Optimizing your website doesn’t have to be an arduous task. Sometimes you can take some simple steps to help your medical website rank higher in the search engine results. Of course, this does not mean that you can take web page optimization lightly—you should still go through the more comprehensive steps to optimize your site. These tips will help get you started or give you a bit more of an edge against those with competing keywords.
Website Optimization Tips
- Keep content fresh. This will help your rankings as well as encourage other sites to link to you.
- Use important keywords in the title and header tags on each page.
- Link back to your domain name instead of index.html or default.php.
- Avoid frames and Flash whenever possible. Spiders have trouble crawling sites that use these.
- Blogs can help sites with static content. Install the blog in a sub domain or sub directory on your main site.
- Incoming links mean your site is popular and reputable. Strive to get as many quality incoming links as you can. Guest posting on other people’s blogs is a great way to do this.
- Don’t use link farms. These will hurt your SEO efforts. The same is true for paid links. The search engines know bogus links from quality links.
- Give links out to get links back.
- Social media can help SEO immensely. Learn how to use this effectively.